Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Am I the only one who feels like this?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I the only one who feels like this?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

Location: The Magic Hookah.... and coffee maker, which also makes Julienne fries!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Am I the only one who feels like this? Reply with quote

Doesn't anyone think that Disney's pushing TOO hard to stick with the newer generation, that they're actually losing that Disney touch?

First reason: That new movie, "The Wild" doesn't catch my attention. I mean, back when they were still making traditional animated movies, you can really point out which ones were Disney and which ones weren't. I mean, everyone can point out the Disney style, however... whenever I see he CGed movies, I tend to confuse it with DreamWorks and stuff. And their is also that one fact where those companies are continously ripping-off each other. Come on, The Wild? Madagascar? Finding Nemo? SharkTale?

And don't say they still have the Disney touch and try to direct me to Bambi II. They're direct to DVD, so that doesn't count.

(Even though it was a REALLY good movie.)

Second Reason: Toon Disney's cartoon lineup. It's the same four (exaggerating) shows all day.

"It's Kim Possible! Four Episodes of all Kim! Followed by four episodes of Brandy and Mr. Whiskers! Followed by yet another for episodes of Kim Possible!"

What the heck is up with that?! I really don't see why they cancelled Bonkers and other awesome shows just to pass repeats about ten times a day. I mean, not too long ago, Aladdin was on everyday, but it was a differnt episode each day. Now, they've bumped Aladdin only to Saturday and Sunday, sooner or later it's only going to be Sunday around 6 am, and then BOOM! They're gonna execute it. Hercules was on 5 am, too followed by TaleSpin, but they cancelled those two, too. I think Hercules only comes on Thursdays... if not... they used to. Come on! I can't live without ICARUS!

And don't even get me started about Jetix....
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad you made a topic for this. If you ask me, Disney started losing it's magic touch when it went under new mangement, and all the greats -- Glen Keane, Mark Henn, Eric Goldberg, Ron Clements, Jon Musker, all left with Jeffery Katzenburg. Also, when they ran out Roy Disney,their last link to Walt (which broke my heart) things got bad for Disney.Now all their movies, are, as you said, rips off Dreamworks or vice versa. And now Jefffery Katzenburg, who used to own Disney, now owns Dreamworks, and makes millions of dollars doing spoofs on Disney's techniques (Shrek and Shrek 2).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

Location: The Magic Hookah.... and coffee maker, which also makes Julienne fries!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know.

Someone should teach Disney the term, "Life Goes On Without ______"

Like my friend said, "They're not even Disney, anymore"
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely.

A lot of the newer Disney films haven't appealed to me at all, and that's a crying shame because there was a point in time where I would go see something simply because it was Disney. They've almost become a joke now. But it's not just Disney. Films in general have no longer appealed to me. The film industry is in a huge uncreative slump that they need to come out of soon. That "An American Haunting" film about the Bell Witch? Yeah, that is a story from around here near my town; I hear it every Halloween. I can't believe it's a movie Laughing. Are they that bored that they are taking town myths and making movies? Everyone needs to sit down and rethink where they are going because eventually they are going to run into a wall with no way back out.

As for the tv programming--let's not even go there. It's either about brother/sister rivals, a pop singer or aspiring pop singer, or someone with extra ordinary powers/magical devices from the future. Where's the SUBSTANCE? Where's the intelligence? Where's all the good shows that actually TAUGHT you stuff like Boy Meets World and Sister, Sister? I don't give a flip if you can see into the future; I want something that can relate to me.

And the cartoons are just as worse. It's all mindless dribble of fart jokes and slang. I try to educate my brothers and show them the GOOD stuff, so I say they are pretty even, but it really is a pathetic time to be growing up. All the educational television sucks, cartoons suck, films suck...everything sucks Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinFan92 wrote:
So glad you made a topic for this. If you ask me, Disney started losing it's magic touch when it went under new mangement, and all the greats -- Glen Keane, Mark Henn, Eric Goldberg, Ron Clements, Jon Musker, all left with Jeffery Katzenburg.

*coughGlenMarkAndEricDidn'tLeaveWithJefferycough*Laughing

Glen is still there and Mark was last seen on Home on the Range. I haven't heard anything from Eric as far as projects since Hercules, I think
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom banned my brother from watching, "Codename: Kids Next Door" Everytime she catches him watching that show... it's like catching him with marijuana.

Don't worry, I'm planning to buy Disney in the future. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to tell my brothers to turn "That's So Raven" off everytime I saw them watching it, but I've gotten better. It's mindless. That, and I HATE Raven with a PASSION.
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG is to "That's So Raven" as Chalupa is to "Lizzie McGuire"
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister LOVED that show; I refused to watch it. She plays the same role in everything she does--the clumsy blonde.
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm linking the "Jasmine impression" topic to Oprah.

And this one to every Disney department email I can find. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lord Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait, you have to let Heather know when you do stuff like that!
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like I have the guts to do so. Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I think it's kind of funny that you're complaining about Kim Possible but like the Aladdin and Hercules series', since a lot of the same people worked on all three. Laughing
The Evil Chalupa
Some Enchanted Genie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I wasn't complaining about the actual show itself. I was complaining that they air too much of the same shows and have no variety.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum