Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - What do you like/dislike about Jasmine?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you like/dislike about Jasmine?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: What do you like/dislike about Jasmine? Reply with quote

My best friend and I were talking about Aladdin fanfiction ideas (we're both writers) and it sort of got into a discussion about the film itself. She thinks the film is okay,but HATES Jasmine (I know,I totally blasted her for it) And we started listing all the things we like/dislike about her,so I was wondering what everyone else thought. Here's my list:

Things I like about Jas:

She's probably one of the the most independent princesses,and for me,she was always the easiest to look up to,because she knew when to rebel against what she knew was wrong,and when to be loyal to her father.

Her relationship with Aladdin is one of the most realistic out of all the Disney couples (contrary to my friends beliefs) I know the whole magic carpet ride thing made the romance a bit rushed, BUT the difference between her and the other pricesses was that she didn't go and marry him at the end of the movie. Someone else on here did the math (not sure who it was)and found out that if you count RoJ and the series,they dated 3 years before they got married. They could easily have broken up in that time,but they worked through their problems and remained a great couple.

Now for the dislikes:

In a lot of the series eps,she MUST be OTR,because she's so moody.She gets mad at Aladdin for no apparent reason,and he's gotta wait for her to cool down,most of the time not knowing what she was mad about in the first place.

That's pretty much the only thing I don't like about her.Everything else my friend said was so trivial,I countered it easily,and I think she mostly said it to piss me off. Laughing What do you guys think?

AWWWW!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is going to sound like a typical BS Aladdin fan answer, but I can't really say I dislike anything of Jasmine or anyone else. I think those faults like getting angry, moody, being irrational, etc. make her part of who she is. Without them, I'd probably hate she doesn't have any Laughing. I do think sometimes she can be a little demanding sometimes, but that's not something I dislike about her.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go on for a long time here, and I don't feel like it right now...so...I'll say this one, inspired by discussion with AG.

She appreciates Abu! I feel all warm inside whenever I watch "Sneeze the Day." ("You did it, Abu! You are so brave! You are the smartest, bravest monkey ever!") Yes, it's rather cheesy dialogue, but Abu really does a lot for the gang and I love whenever he gets a little recognition.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Jasmine's faults. They make her human.
AladdinFan92
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
I love Jasmine's faults. They make her human.

That's what I was telling my friend. I'd probably like her a lot less if she was perfect all the time.

AWWWW!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Hi there! Reply with quote

I'm newbie here and have to introduce myself. My name is Alex, 28 y.o. from Hungary. I have been looking for such kind of forum for a long time and at least I'm here. Hope that I'll become a member of this community and finally get the answers on all my questions, and may be my experience will be useful for all the ppl around. My Geek code GKDGRGBJ68QN.
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't dislike anything about Jasmine. There were some episodes in which I thought she was a little annoying, but I don't let that affect the way I think of her. She's independent, beautiful (not that it's necessary, but it's a plus), she has a cool pet, she's caring and ready to sacrifice her own happiness for the sake of others.

However, I recently found some notes I wrote for a fanfic idea when I was 15. I had briefly described all characters and about Jasmine I said "an annoying and stupid valley girl". Confused I'm still trying to figure out what could have caused that dislike back then. I never had a crush on Aladdin, so it can't be jealousy.
Spike
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she's perfect...except that sometimes linda larkin makes her voice sounds like a bloody kid especially in the series.
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you like/dislike about Jasmine? Reply with quote

AladdinFan92 wrote:
Now for the dislikes:

In a lot of the series eps,she MUST be OTR,because she's so moody.She gets mad at Aladdin for no apparent reason,and he's gotta wait for her to cool down,most of the time not knowing what she was mad about in the first place.

She does have PMS. And of course, a boyfriend, who's so hot, all the girls want him! Can you blame her?
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say there's anything I dislike about her. Yeah, she can be moody, like was mentioned, but I never really thought of that as a reason to dislike her. Maybe a biased opinion? But even totally awesome characters can't be perfect.

~Hikaru
Fidget Goblinweb
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I know this is going to sound like a typical BS Aladdin fan answer, but I can't really say I dislike anything of Jasmine or anyone else. I think those faults like getting angry, moody, being irrational, etc. make her part of who she is. Without them, I'd probably hate she doesn't have any Laughing. I do think sometimes she can be a little demanding sometimes, but that's not something I dislike about her.

Exactly. But if she wasn't like that we'd probably not like her as much as we do as well. Oh, and without any problems like that wouldn't she be like a Mary Sue? Rolling Eyes
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked Jasmine. I can't explain it, but I don't like her.
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I like Jasmine. Not my fav character at all times (I admit my favs vary), but I tend to like her at most times. The only time I don't like her is when she seems too out of character, which happens every now and then. Like when she tried using Uncouthma to make Aladdin jealous. Me thinks a bit too much. Rolling Eyes
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the movie came out, (when I was like 3, but I remember it well!) what I liked about Jasmine was her clothes. I mean, she's wearing pants, whereas all the other princesses wear dresses, and I've never liked dresses, so that's what made Jasmine stick out for me. She also doesn't seem so 'fairy taleish' like the other princesses, her actions and emotions seem more realistic, that's why I like her Smile
Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the movies, she's okay -- except for a couple of lines in RoJ ("More secrets, more lies? Aladdin, I thought you had changed!" "But how? He's soooooo powerful!"), but in the series she drives me NUTS! Whenever they get into trouble, she's either socking the villain's lights out (cool) or standing around crying "Aladdin!" in a plaintive manner to the tune of two or three times an episode. Flaws make you human. Bipolarism makes you obnoxious.

(Of course, hearing Wendy cry "Oh, Peter! Do be careful!" in Peter Pan annoys me too. I seem to have a serious problem with women who do nothing more than shout at the heroes.)

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum