Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney affected your life
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney affected your life
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos
Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Disney affected your life Reply with quote

Has disney affected your life anyway. I am not saying it is the thing I think about always. But there has been times in my life that I am thankful for disney other times I am not but if I look at and if disney was never made I think a part of me would be lost. Sad
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...well, I was about to say I'd be an entirely different person, seeing as I'm totally into Tinker Bell and the Princesses, but there's still the 80s cartoons I liked, so maybe I'd be a Jem Girl instead of a Princess. Laughing

But there's also some great stories/fairy tales that I might not have been into. I'm heavily into fantasy and mythology, and I think Disney might have something to do with it, since as far back as I can remember (and I can remember pretty far back.) it introduced me to the fairy tale world--even though I was introduced to Grimm, Andersen and those other guys at a very young age.

~Hikaru
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney makes up about 80% of my life, 75% being that of Aladdin Laughing

It's definitely affected my life in more ways that I can't even list because there's so many of them. One of the biggest ones being art and inspiring me there...although I suck, so I need to be inspired a little harder Laughing
Chaos
Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has affected me by showing that animation can be really well done and it really brought me into how much I can love music. It has also helped me with school assignements. Sometimes the teacher is impressed when someone still loves disney.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I have a few mannerisms in my behavior that I've realized come from Disney movies. It's really strange watching said movie and realizing that that's where I picked it up. Creepy, even! Razz

Janette pointed one way Disney has definitely affected our lives - Disney = Touchstone = Ernest P. Whorrel. "Herr Doctor Jones, I see you have found the Ark for us!"

Ernest Rides Again is one of our favorite movies to quote. Thank you, Disney. Very Happy

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just answer this question with a "yes." Smile
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I wonder who here is the biggest Disney fan among us.

~Hikaru
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest Disney fan? I think I'd have to say... someone who is not me. My interests are too dispersed. Very Happy

Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I enjoy reading and watching the cartoons of my childhood (80's), am interested in stuff like science and tech Aladdin is what makes me tick. I can't even remember how my life was before Aladdin cq Disney. I'm even looking for Disney connections in my other intrests. So yes Disney changed my life allot.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize that the Aladdin series is nothing but a sci-fi with a 'magical' wrapping, right? Very Happy

Dragonessa
Snarky Scientist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy all kinds of Disney stuff quite a lot, but the most important change it made to my life is if there was no Disney, I wouldn't have fallen in love with Iago and this site wouldn't exist, so I'd have never met my best friend. And she has certainly made a lot of changes to my life, for the better. And I wouldn't have seen Kirsten's avatar and checked out SGA, another tragedy! Laughing
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was a Disney kid since conception. I adapted Disney-isms from inside the womb. Laughing

Disney has definitely affected my life in so many ways that it's too much to count.

I think it's safe to say that even if everyone isn't a big fan, Disney has affected everyone on earth in one way or another. (Especially in America) Smile

I'm not ashamed to stand up to anyone who trash-talks Disney. The same thing goes for my country, my religion, my race(s)

::plays patriotic music in the background and salutes:: Very Happy
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A day in the life:

Today, I woke up in my Bambi pajamas. The pillow that my head was resting on was covered with a Beauty and the Beast pillowcase, and next to me was my decorative "Greetings from Paradise" Ariel pillow. Looking around the room, a Disney Princesses poster (that I don't even really like anymore, but at the time, a $3 poster with the Princesses seemed like a cool decoration for college) is on the opposite wall, above the TV. Ariel, Pocahontas, and Esmeralda Zizzlingers sit on top of the TV, with Song of the South (a VHS converted from an international laserdisc), Nightmare Before Christmas, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers Volume 1, BatB, Aladdin, Mulan, Atlantis, Brother Bear, Peter Pan, and Home on the Range among the movies next to the TV. In front of the movies is my CD player with Classic Disney, Volume II inside of it. Leftover College Program collateral is lying in front of my dresser, next to my box of scrapbooking materials and CP pictures.

Sitting on my desk is a slip of paper with the phone numbers of Disneyland and WDW mail order, a pair of Mickey Mouse earrings, the soundtrack to Tarzan the musical, and my glasses in a Winnie the Pooh glasses case. The desktop wallpaper on my computer is a picture of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Above my desk, on the wall, I have an Aladdin poster advertising the release of the DVD, next to some postcards from WDW: one of a ghostly image of Cinderella Castle rising from a Florida swampland as a ghostly Walt Disney surveys the swampland, one of Mickey Mouse peering over a desk watching Walt draw him, one of Peter Pan and the Darlings flying over London, and one of Lilo and Stitch.

I threw a Figment sweatshirt on as a jacket after I got dressed, fastened my Disneyland watch around my wrist, threw my Mickey Mouse wallet in my bookbag, and went to class. I shut the door to my bedroom...on the front of the door is a drawing my friend Dave did for me of Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, and Aurora. My first class is University Singers; took notes in the music using the Cinderella pencil I keep in my folder.

Now, I think I'm going to start working on my first speech for Public Speaking, which will be about The Little Mermaid.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it changed your life just a little, huh? Laughing
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit, yeah. It's at least got a minor presence in my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum