Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Have you ever thought
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos
Hero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Have you ever thought Reply with quote

I was just thinking today how we give tribute to so many Disney animations and a few non animated here and there. I was just thinking that we do not give a lot of tribute to some of the other Walt Disney movies. Like Castaway or Candleshoe. It is just interesting that no one says that is a good movie.
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about Candleshoe, but I can probably give my own reason for why Castaway isn't seen as a Disney film. It was probably produced by a studio that is under the Disney company/corporation's umbrella, but far enough or independent enough to be considered its own entity. Think about it: the History Channel is one of many networks in Disney's property but not many people will point to it and say "That's a Disney channel or company."

It boils down to the direct studio. They're great films I'm sure, but doesn't have the same Disney creative stamp those produced directly by them have.
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to be honest, I'm a Disney geek and I've only heard of Castaway!
Hero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I agree that they do not have the same feel but a lot of these movies are still Disney. I mean I am not going to say it is my favorite of all time or any of these movies or going to be in the top ten. But you still have to consider this Disney movies maybe not Disney Classics but Disney Movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum