Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - I don't think his wife knows when he's serious
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I don't think his wife knows when he's serious

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: I don't think his wife knows when he's serious Reply with quote

Well, back in, I think...not sure if it was grade/middle/or high school, but I had a teacher who was a BIG fan of Robin Williams, she was always saying that he was the funniest person on the planet, so funny that she didn't think even his wife knew when he was serious.

I for one, have a really hard time imagining him being serious at all. Confused Even in that sentimental scene where Genie rescues him from drowning, in the end, he's like, 'not that I want to pick out curtains or anything'(at least It hink that's what he said). Can anyone imagine him while he's serious?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can - especially after seeing "The Dead Poet Society" and "Final Cut."

But I know what you mean!
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are people I can see being serious the most Laughing. It's not a normal pattern for them, but they can be dead serious on something....but then finish it off with a smirk or a wink like Genie often does.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a hard time at all - but then again, I live with someone like that.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only serious role I've seen him is in Dead Poet's Society (that's somewhat whacky, too), but my German Literature class is going to watch Jakob the Liar next week. Williams plays a Polish Jew living in a ghetto during WWII. I've already read the book and while it isn't the most tragic thing ever, I'm not expecting the movie to be very funny -- unless Hollywood butchered it. Wink
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how was he in August Rush? I didn't see it.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like he's either completely serious or completely not; there's not a whole lot of overlap.
goten0040
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
how was he in August Rush? I didn't see it.

He was actually kind of a jerk. Really antsy and brash. He kind of used August to get what he wanted the entire time. He wasn't the happy character we usually see.

I do think that Robin Williams can be, well, I wouldn't say serious, but he can definitely be sincere. When he says "You'll always be a prince to me," to Aladdin, I always cry. Always. The line is delivered with so much heart, I can feel it. But that's just me.
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw One Hour Photo last night where Robin plays a blonde obsive photo developer. His character Sy is a quiet into himself man with an abusive past that he now, many years later, projects into invading people's privacy by stealing their photo's.
Strong movie with some good acting by ol' Robin playing a serious character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum