Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Do you remember the last time Jasmine cried?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you remember the last time Jasmine cried?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Do you remember the last time Jasmine cried? Reply with quote

Do you remember the last time Jasmine cried? With tears coming down her face? I can only remember in in the first Jasmine crying in the courtyard with rajah. I can't remember seeing her after that through the series or the sequels. But she is one tough chick that represent sempowerment to the disney princess and the first. Laughing She sure does gets pissed off alot. Laughing
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she may have in "The Prophet Motive", but I'd have to go back and check. That was another time she though Aladdin was dead, so I think I'm seeing a pattern. Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I think she may have in "The Prophet Motive", but I'd have to go back and check. That was another time she though Aladdin was dead, so I think I'm seeing a pattern. Laughing

She said some words that were in a heartbreaking way and holding him close in Prophet Motive but I didn't see tears. Was that other time in "The Way we war?", I didn't remember she shed tears there too.
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember if she did in TWWW...

Maybe tears are difficult and/or expensive to animate?
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I don't remember if she did in TWWW...

Maybe tears are difficult and/or expensive to animate?

Haha that's what I was thinking! Laughing Dude, they're disney people, they can animate anything. So why they won't have the knowledge or the means to animate tears? They weren't in a recession during that course of time.
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I typed my last post I remembered that Iago and Abu were both crying in that same scene in "Prophet Motive", so maybe not. Laughing

BTW, not all the Aladdin episodes were animated by Disney's own studios; some of them were farmed out to other studios to animate. And even the two Disney studios who worked on it were brand new at the time, so there was a learning curve. (RoJ and KoT were both animated by the same two studios. They came a long way in two years. Shocked )
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
As soon as I typed my last post I remembered that Iago and Abu were both crying in that same scene in "Prophet Motive", so maybe not. Laughing

BTW, not all the Aladdin episodes were animated by Disney's own studios; some of them were farmed out to other studios to animate. And even the two Disney studios who worked on it were brand new at the time, so there was a learning curve. (RoJ and KoT were both animated by the same two studios. They came a long way in two years. Shocked )

that explains all the mysterious disappearing reappearing outfits that the characters wore and the body language weren't aligned when performing an action. Nobody was communicating with one another.
Mirage
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember her crying in "Seems like Old Crimes - Part 2" where Aziz almost kills Minaz but that's because she is touched by Minaz's and Fatima's love. And she also cries for a moment in "Eye of the Beholder" when Aladdin is poisoned by her barbs when she's in snake form. I don't remember her crying usually in times of adversities though. Smile
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
I remember her crying in "Seems like Old Crimes - Part 2" where Aziz almost kills Minaz but that's because she is touched by Minaz's and Fatima's love. And she also cries for a moment in "Eye of the Beholder" when Aladdin is poisoned by her barbs when she's in snake form. I don't remember her crying usually in times of adversities though. Smile

I remember, "Eye of the Beholder" but she cries in her hands hiding the tears. It when you see the tears rolling down the cheeks.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:

I just watched old crimes and jasmine did shed tears. good job noticing. But I'm not sure about eye of the beholder though.
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
I just watched old crimes and jasmine did shed tears. good job noticing. But I'm not sure about eye of the beholder though.

Mirage's right about EotB; I just checked the transcript. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum