Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Golden Age Of Disney
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Golden Age Of Disney
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos
Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Golden Age Of Disney Reply with quote

I was reading on the web and it said the Golden age of Disney is over. I love computer animation but I only see crappy animation know. The golden age started with The Little Mermaid and ended with Brother Bear I despise Home on the Range to the depths of my soul. Not that I do not think that it does not have it's funny parts but that is not Disney Material. I am trying to figure out why stop with the animation. The Little Mermaid, Aladdin The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast. Plus so many others have made a great deal of profit. Why can they not go back to animation. I remember when I saw Home on the Range. That Disney's Golden Age was over hopefully in the not so far future it will be reborn. By the way I am one of those feely good types. I love my avatar.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't consider Brother Bear to be 'golden age' by a long shot... o_0

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Golden Age from what I've seen it defined as is TLM through TLK. Pocahontas didn't make as much money so it started the downward spiral to second rate history Razz
Now the Disney Renaissance, which started with TLM and continued until Home on the Range can be aruged as over now since 2-D "died". When they come out with this Frog Princess movie, It'll start the next...whatever period they call it, I'm sure Laughing
Chaos
Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be great day.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a known fact that history often repeats itself, so here's to hoping that there'll be an audience that will welcome 2-D animation once more.
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they're going into the Disney Steam Age, where they just lurch around in the polluted atmosphere until they die at age 30 from vitamin D deficiency.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Fidget Goblinweb
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't go back to 2D animation quickly cause when they decided that 3D was the way to go they sold all of their 2D euipment. Kept some of them to do the sequels in Austrailia but then closed that down along with the ones in Paris.
Shoujo
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only am I getting really tired of the 3D animation style, but I also feel that it is a pity that the film-makers of today feel the need to be so ironic *all the time*. It felt pretty new and funny in Shrek but now it's getting really worn out.
I miss the sentimental love stories of the old movies Sad
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole "golden age" label can be tricky. For me, the golden age would be most of the films made directly under Walt Disney's direction/influence, with a lot of leeway in that definition. Namely, the earlier films, from Snow White to at least The Jungle Book. In regards to TLM through --max-- HotR, I'm more along the lines of AG's idea of the rennaissance, second golden age. But that's nitpicky terminalogy. Moving on.

I do agree that the 2D age has come to a momentary halt, but history repeats. A similar thing happened shortly after Walt's death. They were still making animated films, and they are not exactly their greatest stuff (but still pretty good in many ways. The worst, if you had to pin the term, would be The Black Cauldron). But TLM brought about a rebirth for the animation studios. Hopefully, Frog Princess will do the same. Of course, it'll take a lot more than it did with TLM; they simply changed buildings. It's more complicated starting again practically from scratch.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...but all the movies people consider classics now weren't successful at the time of their releases. Sleeping Beauty nearly bankrupted the company. And there were a lot of other great movies that didn't receive recognition until a long time.
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
Hmm...but all the movies people consider classics now weren't successful at the time of their releases. Sleeping Beauty nearly bankrupted the company. And there were a lot of other great movies that didn't receive recognition until a long time.

Yes, hence my parenthesis'd comment about them having a lot of good points. Sometimes it takes time to see things in a more appreciative light.
dazzeling diamond
Gypsy of Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I'm on board with this whole thing. I really do miss the princess stories, the good ol' love stories, those adventures, the mythology! All that stuff, classics...even the last few one's disney did, like Brother Bear and Lilo and Stitch, were in the old style animation...but didn't have the same feel, actually I liked Brother Bear, but Lilo and Stitch....not so much.
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the last good 2D Disney movie was Lilo and Stitch, but I loved the golden age. Sadly, after TLK, things got worse with Herc etc, even though I do enjoy those...and then we were given Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Home on the Range...The only way is up!
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who loved Treasure Planet? I never get tired of it, and it's one of my favourite Disney movies. Sure, it has its problems, but also some charm to make up for them.
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Atlantis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum