Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - yes
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos
Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

when I read this article I just let out a happy glee.
http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=3224&page=1
The end to direct videos not that some of them were not funny. But I am glad.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now maybe they'll focus their efforts on something that's actually entertaining.

Return of Jafar was forgivable as it was intended to launch the series and Aladdin and the King of Thieves was good, I'll admit, but as for the rest of the sequels... eh, it's high time they quit.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One, I'm glad that they're quitting with the sequels. It just felt so odd having these sequels that were taking characters and, in many cases, taking them out of character, taking away my fondness for the characters and the worlds they lived in. Namely the ones where there are kids involved.

But, and some people may be a little peeved, I agreed that a good number were still pretty good. I've seen Cinderella III, and other than the fact it is a sequel, it's pretty good story-wise. There were a few spots that made me cringe to watch, but I liked how they strengthened Cinderella and continued the development of Anastacia (I'd seen CII, and her featurette was the only one I liked). That, and the nightmare coach-ride was great. And I liked LK1 1/2.

So yeah, I'm glad the commercialization aspect that the direct-to-DVD films have created has gone away. Glad to have some, but some we really could have done without. And it's because of the erratic quality and amount that really earned the idea of these sequels my dislike. Hooray for the end of the bad sequels, and hooray for the ones that worked.
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, NOW they stop, after they've already made a zillion of the things.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could've gone farther - in fact, they were planning on going farther with The Aristocats 2. I'm kinda relieved they quit now - last time they found a replacement actor for Phil Harris, they chose John Goodman. He's not a bad actor, but I find him to be a poor substitute. And I hate to think who they'd cast as Duchess - because Eva Gabor was the only shoosting star of her kind. Wink

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Goodman voices like...98734 Disney characters. Get someone new Laughing
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
John Goodman voices like...98734 Disney characters. Get someone new Laughing
Well, so did Phil Harris, so in a way that's kind of appropriate. Laughing
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jafaria wrote:

Exactly...but I guess it's better than not stopping at all. I try to stay clear of them, but the worst I've seen is Cinderella 2, in a word...'terrible'.
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegitabeta wrote:
Jafaria wrote:

Exactly...but I guess it's better than not stopping at all. I try to stay clear of them, but the worst I've seen is Cinderella 2, in a word...'terrible'.

As a whole, I don't care for C2, just the one story with Anastasia works for me. And I actually liked the version of "Bibbity Bobbity Boo," I can be weird like that.

Personally, I think TLK2, TLM2, and THoND2 are the worst (I half-watched the last one this afternoon, and from the parts I heard in the other room, it was awful. Then I caught the "let's pair everyone up at the end" ending. Shocked Crying or Very sad )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum