Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - New A/J pic because I'm a sap.
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New A/J pic because I'm a sap.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrisCynical
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: New A/J pic because I'm a sap. Reply with quote

I've been meaning to start hanging around these boards for a couple years now and I hope to actually DO it now. For anybody who was on the AML back in The Day, I used to write and illustrate Aladdin fic with Evi about Ali and Azul and was known as notesRAAC or nevi_al_2001. I ditched those handles a while back, finished school, and now I'm KrisCynical everywhere else.

BUT ANYWAY. I always go for a few months without watching any of the Aladdin movies and then I'll get the notion to watch the first one... then it'll make me watch all my other Aladdin stuff... and then I'll remember why I've been obsessed with this fandom since I was 9.

I've spent way too long talking to DisneyPrincess about the ins and outs and quirks of Aladdin and Jasmine's relationship, and I am a complete sap about it. So I must say if Disney can get away with The Eyebrows and 'earth moving' schtiks, I can get away with this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/kriscynical/websized%20fanart/random/562c2c0a.jpg

Post-KoT. It's a *little* suggestive, so you have been warned. Nothing showing, though. I borrowed Jasmine's outfit from the paper doll book because I really am just that cool. I notice that there's not much Aladdin artwork out there of this nature, so I thought I ought to put that little warning there. Wink

In the other fandoms I'm a part of I do work like this a lot. I love focusing on the emotional aspects of character relationships and I do suggestive pieces here and there. I never get gratuitous, though, because I have too much respect for the characters I depict to do that. I like to communicate the emotional interactions going on between said characters rather than just give the viewer something gratuitous to look at.

That being said, I hope you guys like this.
Vegitabeta
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really good! And welcome to the boards Smile
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've told you this on AIM about a million-point-pi times, but that's just gorgeous. I love the expressions on their faces and everything about the body language.

And your amazing skills at drawing the male torso.

They are still my favorite pairing in the world; thanks for the lovely reminder why!
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I saw on your LJ you were watching the original and wondered if you ever lurked here. Laughing Welcome!
KrisCynical
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney Princess wrote:

And your amazing skills at drawing the male torso.

And he does have a yummy one at that. The male muscle structure is way too much fun to draw.
KrisCynical
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
Ha, I saw on your LJ you were watching the original and wondered if you ever lurked here. Laughing Welcome!

Now there's a user handle I remember.

Yup, I've been lurking around here for a couple years now. I could've sworn I registered before, but I guess I never got the confirmation e-mail to activate my account. As it is I never got one this time around, either.

Thanks for fixing that for me, btw.
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrisCynical wrote:

And he does have a yummy one at that. The male muscle structure is way too much fun to draw.

He does indeed, and you capture this so well. My inner fangirl thanks you greatly for the "SQUEE!"
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*_* it's still freakin' hot Laughing

YAY FOR SUGGESTIVE ART AND ALADDIN HALF DRESSED TOWERING OVER PEOPLE Laughing
Emmlei
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's suggestive but in a good way. I always like tasteful sexy art, and I think it turned out great. I hope to see more.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. It's more realistic, but I love it.
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
Wow. It's more realistic, but I love it.

Thanks. Smile I tend to do all of my fanart (Disney or anime) in my own illustration style that's a little more on the realistic side. Glad you liked it.
Amadou
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
It's so... good.....

I could say "realistic", but it was already said and it is obvious. I've never seen them being drown in that style (honestly, I had to watch long enough to see they were really Al and Jas! Laughing I'm just used to them being "cartoonlike"). It's very touching... A real art. A kind of picture that I've wanted to find for so long... Thank you!!

AladdinsGenie wrote:
YAY FOR SUGGESTIVE ART AND ALADDIN HALF DRESSED TOWERING OVER PEOPLE

I subscribe to that!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrisCynical wrote:
Thanks. Smile I tend to do all of my fanart (Disney or anime) in my own illustration style that's a little more on the realistic side. Glad you liked it.
This is pretty much why I used to be big into looking for Japanese Disney fanart a couple of years ago, because it seemed like those fanartists were a lot more likely to draw the characters in their own style instead of just copying the movie. Don't ask me why that is, I thought we Americans were supposed to be the ones who were all about individuality. Laughing
KrisCynical
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
KrisCynical wrote:
This is pretty much why I used to be big into looking for Japanese Disney fanart a couple of years ago, because it seemed like those fanartists were a lot more likely to draw the characters in their own style instead of just copying the movie. Don't ask me why that is, I thought we Americans were supposed to be the ones who were all about individuality. Laughing

I dunno, but when I've showcased my work at some anime conventions and in different anime fandoms I've gotten some flack from time to time for not drawing the characters in anime style. Some people can be rabid about that stuff! At least transferring from Disney to my style doesn't seem to be that much of a stretch -- at least to me. lol
Calluna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but conventions, those are American fans, so it seems like just the whole you-must-conform-to-one-style thing coming from another direction. Most of the actual Japanese artists I saw had styles I didn't really think of as "anime style" at all. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum