Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin Book List
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin Book List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Aladdin Book List Reply with quote

Since I guess there isn't a list on the internet of the original Aladdin stories, I went ahead and made a list from the ones I have. If there's anymore you know of, go ahead and add them here! If anyone wants more information on any of these books, just ask!

Note: I might attempt to tackle the comics later because I know I've been collecting the scans from the Princess Magazine stories from overseas and I have some others like the actual comics they released here, but there's waaaay too many little comics and such that I don't have/know about to list right now Laughing

The Further Adventures of Aladdin: A Thief in the Night
The Further Adventures of Aladdin: Birds of a Feather
The Further Adventures of Aladdin: A Small Problem
The Further Adventures of Aladdin: Iago's Promise

The Adventures of Aladdin: A-mazing Aladdin
The Adventures of Aladdin: Jasmine and the Disappearing Tiger
The Adventures of Aladdin: Abu and the Evil Genie
The Adventures of Aladdin: Aladdin's Quest
The Adventures of Aladdin: Don't Bug The Genie
The Adventures of Aladdin: The Magic Carpet's Secret

If You Met Jasmine
Monkey Business
Air-Feathered Friend
Mixed-Up Magic
One True Love
Genie School

As You Wish
A Pet For A Princess

Iago Returns
My Best Friend Is Jasmine
Abu Monkey's Around
Aladdin and the White Camel
Wishful Thinking
Tales from Agrabah
Mysterious Voyage
Sweethearts in the Snow
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the beginnings of a list here. A few I saw while skimming that you don't have listed...

Teatime Trouble
The Genie Gets Wet (it's a bath book Laughing )
Jasmine's Gift: Kindness Counts
The Genie's Wish
Jasmine's Magic Charm (comes with a necklace! Laughing )
Squeak, Abu!
Travels With the Genie

Isn't the book called Fine-Feathered Friend, not Air?

Oh, hey, you have that White Camel book that I kept getting outbid on! Laughing

I think Merkal used to have a book list up on his site, but I'm not sure if it's still there or where exactly it was...

Are you wanting to list novelizations as well?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks; I'll have to buy, I mean look up those! Laughing

Cursid puns and series titles, it is fine-feathered.

Aw, the white camel book is so cute Laughing. It's a bit strange in the beginning because they make it seem like right after the movie they're getting married because people are sending in presents, one of which is a white camel Aladdin geeks over Laughing

There's another Jasmine book in a princess collection called Birds of a Feather, too. They need some more help thinking up titles, I see.

Oh gosh, aren't there a bunch of novelizations, though? I know I have books from Jasmine's view, Genie's view...

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Oh gosh, aren't there a bunch of novelizations, though? I know I have books from Jasmine's view, Genie's view...

Yeah, there are a bunch, and they just make it more confusing by selling the same one under different titles and with different covers. My knowledge is a little fuzzy in that area, sorry. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've bought a few that were something like "The Secret of Aladdin's Lamp" or said they were new stories, and it's just a book based on a section of what happened in the movie. What a rip Laughing
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah? What do you mean not sure I think it's easy to find. Under "Pages" right under the categories list. As far as I know it's still accurate.
http://www.streetrat.net/my-aladdin-book-collection

Aladdin and the White camel was my first Aladdin book. I got it with KoT after sending the included coupon to Disney Nederland. It was my first Disney reading club book since I gave away my collection years before.
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was two in the morning my time when I posted that, so I don't think my brain was working at full capacity. Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Further Adventures of Aladdin: A Thief in the Night
The Further Adventures of Aladdin: Birds of a Feather
The Further Adventures of Aladdin: A Small Problem
The Further Adventures of Aladdin: Iago's Promise

Gasp! There's more? Hmmm, I think I have read that on a Jasmine's (someone pretending to be Jasmine) Myspace. She even posted pictures. Even though it wasn't a personal book, have you posted the stories in the princess collection books ? and Happily ever After Princess books? I don't know the title of them but I can sure describe them ! Laughing

Oh Oh Idea! Somebody should post the stories on here for those who can't buy the books or like to read them without having to purchase them on ebay. I can help on the books i have.
Calluna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Gasp! There's more? Hmmm, I think I have read that on a Jasmine's (someone pretending to be Jasmine) Myspace. She even posted pictures. Even though it wasn't a personal book, have you posted the stories in the princess collection books ? and Happily ever After Princess books? I don't know the title of them but I can sure describe them ! Laughing

A few of the books on that list are part of series of Disney Princess books; if you describe them we could probably figure it out. Smile

Mariposa79 wrote:
Oh Oh Idea! Somebody should post the stories on here for those who can't buy the books or like to read them without having to purchase them on ebay. I can help on the books i have.

Well, I don't know about actually hosting them on my site, because the Disney lawyers know where I live. Laughing But I have no problem with linking here on the forum. (Actually, I think I already have one scanned book that was given to me; I should dig that out...)
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
Mariposa79 wrote:

A few of the books on that list are part of series of Disney Princess books; if you describe them we could probably figure it out. Smile

Mariposa79 wrote:

Well, I don't know about actually hosting them on my site, because the Disney lawyers know where I live. Laughing But I have no problem with linking here on the forum. (Actually, I think I already have one scanned book that was given to me; I should dig that out...)

Hmm, one of them was One True Love, I've figured that out and the other was on a push the picture button on the side that makes sounds and I believe I saw it in the Princess Collection books.

It was the story where Aladdin was feeling sad or missing the marketplace and he decides to leave to the marketplace. Jasmine did find him and he told her, that he's not royal material. She said that he was kind and has a good heart. That is prince material for her. Laughing I hope that I was describing it right.

Another one when Aladdin took Jasmine to experience snow for the first time. ( Didn't in the series, Agrabah had snow? because of the Ice Freek made it snow?)

And Aladdin has been missing Jasmine went looking for him and it ended up to be a suprised birthday party.

This one has Jafar in it and it was probably during the Aladdin movie. Where if she chooses him and he can show her the world?

Laughing
Jafar : A whole in world!
Jasmine looks at Jafar funny and runs away...
Laughing

Sorry that part was mine, but the Jafar thing I read in a book. Uh don't remember where.
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snow story is "As You Wish" The other stories you describe don't sound familair though.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one does exist maybe I wasn't describing it right, I've read it in the Princess Shop at Disneyland and saw it a couple of times after. It was part of a book where you see the picture in the book and you press the picture in the sound tab. And it makes sounds.

The rest is in the princess collection, disney tales heroes and friendship. they have at least three volumes of those.

Quote:
Well, I don't know about actually hosting them on my site, because the Disney lawyers know where I live. But I have no problem with linking here on the forum. (Actually, I think I already have one scanned book that was given to me; I should dig that out...)

Can't we just say, that... it's for educational/entertainment purposes only and we don't own copyrights. All works are credited to the author and characters are own by disney.
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Can't we just say, that... it's for educational/entertainment purposes only and we don't own copyrights. All works are credited to the author and characters are own by disney.
I don't think scanning an entire book is fair use under any interpretation. Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity. You know, you can get courses on Harry Potter in some colleges. I think Aladdinology should be a valid subject.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Another one when Aladdin took Jasmine to experience snow for the first time. ( Didn't in the series, Agrabah had snow? because of the Ice Freek made it snow?)

I thought at first that might be Sweethearts in the Snow, but I checked and that's one where Genie makes it snow in Agrabah...

The Ice Ifreet made it snow, and in "The Ethereal" it hailed. And there were a couple of other episodes where they just travelled to somewhere where there was snow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum