Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin movies and such
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin movies and such

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Aladdin movies and such Reply with quote

1. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318808/

There's nothing else up yet, but that's intriguing. I know it's not anything from Disney, but could a new Aladdin movie be coming out?

2. http://www.blu-ray.com/search/?action=search&section=movies&keyword=aladdin

That lists Aladdin as coming to Blu Ray. I looked to see if maybe they just assumed it was since it was a Disney movie and typed in some other films, but none of those have results. There's no official date set, but I haven't heard anything about it coming to Blu Ray. That could be interesting, too.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the first one could be that live action version they had an article about last year? Isn't it connected to Disney somehow? The details are way fuzzy...

and as for Blueray, it doesn't surprise me. They're re-starting the platinum cycle soon (I think Snow White comes back this year, right?), so we should be up in 2-3 years, if the pattern continues. I know there was that rumor for a while about Aladdin being removed from the collection in favor of Alice... but we'll just assume that's not true so I don't have to go kill the people in charge of that decision. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bollywood version? Or was the live-action one we heard about later found out to be the bollywood version that's kind of like the Disney one, but not really? I don't even remember Laughing

That better have been a rumor, that's all I gotta say Laughing. I don't see why they would have to replace it. If Alice is that big of a movie (which, I don't know, as a movie I don't think it is, but as a franchise we could talk), then why not just tack it on instead of replacing? Disney just doesn't THINK these days.
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 could be that Bollywood movie we kept hearing about, or I think I remember something about a modern-day Aladdin movie... I think it was the same writer as Enchanted? I'd look for the thread, but I'm too tired right now. Laughing

#2... there was a trailer Disney did promoting Blu-Ray that had clips from Aladdin in it, but I haven't heard any release date announced.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the Bollywood sites say the Aladdin movie is coming out this year, so it might be that modern one you're talking about. I can't keep up with all these rumors! Laughing

Yeah, I've seen the Blue-Ray commercial, but didn't think they were promoting specific ones in it. Just Disney Blue-ray movies in general, but who knows their marketing campaign anymore.
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I remember something about a modern-day Aladdin movie... I think it was the same writer as Enchanted? I'd look for the thread, but I'm too tired right now. Laughing

Okay, now that I'm rested and refreshed... Laughing

This is the one I was thinking of:
http://www.aladdincentral.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3771

Last edited by Calluna on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to release some more information on these movies. All this Aladdin news and we don't know what's what Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum