Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Genie from Aladdin Musical Spectacular speaks out.
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genie from Aladdin Musical Spectacular speaks out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Genie from Aladdin Musical Spectacular speaks out. Reply with quote

Here's a video clip from the Disneyland Resort Park website. Its shows an interview with Genie from ALaddin the Musical Spectacular. !!!

In the latest "D Entertainment Minute," step inside the stunning Hyperion Theater in Disney's California Adventure® Park for an amusing onstage encounter with the illustrious Genie — self-proclaimed "star" of the musical stage show. Though Genie seems a bit baffled that he is not, in fact, in his hometown of Agrabah, he's pretty thrilled to have his freedom.

Enjoy!
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS Genie from Agrabah? (
He lives there now, sure, but....) Was the Cave of Wonders even in Agrabah? What territory does Agrabah even have? Why am I thinking of these questions based off something completely different from this post? Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would say that the cave of wonders was in the territory native country of Agrabah (whatever that country that is). The answer to that second question , they have the shifting sands and the trade routes. They do have a ocean as in referrals to Elemental my Dear Jasmine, Plundering at Sea and Shark Treatment. They make it seem that the beach is not that far away. Either that or carpet travels speeds faster than any camel caravan. I'd say Genie is a multi all around time traveler guy he had ten thousand years of experience. Unless he traveled ten thousand years back.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpet did make it from Arabia to China in under 3 minutes, so who knows Laughing. And there's only four oceans in the world, and I don't think they own those Laughing. I get the impression Agrabah is a little more in-land, though, and they just fly or travel to a place that might have a lake or sea near-by (like to dump a visiting prince's body into the sea if he was ruining a scheming vizier's plans, for example Laughing. And they sell fresh fish in the marketplace, and they gotta get that there somehow). Para-Moor has a sea port, so they might be borrowing from them, but sea type activities don't seem to be big with Agrabah.
And Genie has been inside the lamp for 10,000 years, but he himself has been around for longer than that.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Carpet did make it from Arabia to China in under 3 minutes, so who knows Laughing. And there's only four oceans in the world, and I don't think they own those Laughing. I get the impression Agrabah is a little more in-land, though, and they just fly or travel to a place that might have a lake or sea near-by (like to dump a visiting prince's body into the sea if he was ruining a scheming vizier's plans, for example Laughing. And they sell fresh fish in the marketplace, and they gotta get that there somehow). Para-Moor has a sea port, so they might be borrowing from them, but sea type activities don't seem to be big with Agrabah.
And Genie has been inside the lamp for 10,000 years, but he himself has been around for longer than that.

The only sea adventure is when Selene is involved. oh wait.. there was one Mechanikles episode.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The only sea adventure is when Selene is involved. oh wait.. there was one Mechanikles episode.

And KOT.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that is right!!! Why did I miss that? shame on me.. LOL some Aladdin geek I am.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Which always confused me because we meet one of his masters in one of the episodes...
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:

Which always confused me because we meet one of his masters in one of the episodes...

He choose to live forever and that became a rule afterwards.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Oh that is right!!! Why did I miss that? shame on me.. LOL some Aladdin geek I am.

And Sea No Evil with Ayam Ahgoul in some...odd way Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Yup, and "The Prophet Motive", where the ocean is only a short horseback ride away from Agrabah. Smile

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I get the impression Agrabah is a little more in-land, though, and they just fly or travel to a place that might have a lake or sea near-by (like to dump a visiting prince's body into the sea if he was ruining a scheming vizier's plans, for example Laughing. And they sell fresh fish in the marketplace, and they gotta get that there somehow). Para-Moor has a sea port, so they might be borrowing from them, but sea type activities don't seem to be big with Agrabah.

I get that impression, too. Maybe Parrah-Moor is their seaport? It seemed close to Agrabah.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:

Yup, and "The Prophet Motive", where the ocean is only a short horseback ride away from Agrabah. Smile

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I get the impression Agrabah is a little more in-land, though, and they just fly or travel to a place that might have a lake or sea near-by (like to dump a visiting prince's body into the sea if he was ruining a scheming vizier's plans, for example Laughing. And they sell fresh fish in the marketplace, and they gotta get that there somehow). Para-Moor has a sea port, so they might be borrowing from them, but sea type activities don't seem to be big with Agrabah.

I get that impression, too. Maybe Parrah-Moor is their seaport? It seemed close to Agrabah.

Didn't we have an discussion whether agrabah had an sea or ocean. some a year or two back? Wink
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Didn't we have an discussion whether agrabah had an sea or ocean. some a year or two back? Wink
I'm sure we've had a few. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum