Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - DVD Wish List
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD Wish List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: DVD Wish List Reply with quote

The discussion in the other thread got me thinking...

Let's say Disney was re-releasing all three movies (or more importantly, making ROJ and KOT special editions. I STILL don't see how Patch's London Adventure or Jungle Book 2 gets a freaking Special Edition DVD, but that rant is for another thread Laughing), what special features/games/tidbits/etc. would you like to see on the DVDs?
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original:

- Pre-"Black Friday" stuff. Especially the stuff from the Babkak/Omar/Aladdin/Kassim days.

- More Robin. All that drama aside (or even spoken about), it'd be nice to hear from him.

ROJ:

- The missing footage, definitely.

- We also know that there are some missing episodes in production order; if there's anything on these episodes (storyboards, whatever), maybe we could get a little on this disc? Since, you know, the TV series DVDs are probably never coming. Laughing

KOT:

- I'm really interested in the development of the film. Is there any visual material from the "Mozenrath as the villain" days, or was it cut before it reached the boards? What changed when Robin came on? Did the movie become longer because of it, or did we lose plot stuff for other characters?

- Random game: A virtual paper doll. Dress up Jasmine, ala the sequence in the palace. It could be worth a 2-second look.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but this is harder than I thought it would be. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I didn't even say the series. I already know that's a wistful thinking wish list. IF we get those DVDs, they're gonna be episodes on a disc. That's it. Maybe a cute intro the menu screen, but you're not looking at much past that Laughing

I keep hoping one day they'll have a "lost episodes" DVD, or shoot, just tell me what they were about.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I figured out something I want! A virtual tour of the palace! Preferably in the first movie before it gets destroyed every few weeks Laughing
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some mock interviews and stuff? I would vote for KOT or ROJ here... interview Abis Mal, Cassim, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Jafar, whoever. Do it like a satellite press junket, with the interviewer asking some really embarrassing questions. They can get a famous interviewer to do the voice... but in the end, we see that the interviewer is actually Iago. Or, you know, Genie, which would actually make more sense, but Iago's "modern" enough for it to work. Laughing

Or there could be mockmentaries! "Where they went wrong..." starring Jafar/Iago or something. Give their "history," little fumbles along the way, famous mistakes and bungles, whatever.

Finally, can they redo that awful KOT DVD game to include Sa'luk? Geez. They picked some guys who aren't even in the Forty Thieves! Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, yeah, but it's gotta be good questions. Not dumb ones like "What's your favorite pretty princess dress, Jasmine? Smile" that someone in marketing wrote. I want some hilarious questions Laughing.

Or where they are now! Laughing

I've learned to appreciate that game more after watching Aladdin play through it. He gets all excited when he finds Cassim. "Look, it's my dad!! Very Happy" Laughing
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be funny if the interviewer kept asking Jasmine questions like that... and she got increasingly frustrated by it. "Being a princess is more than dresses and glittery jewelry, you know, it's---" "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?!" " Evil or Very Mad " Laughing

There MUST be a Cassim/Iago one. I want to know the kind of trouble those two got into. Laughing

... yeah, I can see why Aladdin playing it would make it better. Laughing But I still think Cassim enjoying playing children's birthday parties has something... wrong about it. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT would be awesome, even if I know they'd never do that Sad

...I don't know if they'd be able to put what they've been up to on a children's DVD Laughing

He gets frustrated when he can't find the people, too, if only because he has to listen to that guy on the game patronize you for looking in the wrong spot *every* time Laughing . But yeah, unless when they say birthday parties they mean for adults that's a little weird Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternate ending for the original movie, with "Arabian Nights (Reprise)" and the peddler's true identity. It's one of the few movies with a fully-animated ending that was never used; why not put it on the DVD, when other movies get rough-animation and storyboard-only alternate endings included as special features?

Also for the original, an actors' commentary! Come on, you know you want to hear an hour and a half of Scott and Gilbert. Laughing

More cut songs; I'm sure there are more that even we don't know about.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He gets frustrated when he can't find the people, too, if only because he has to listen to that guy on the game patronize you for looking in the wrong spot *every* time Laughing

fjdkfj;adklfdsklf;dljf YES. I hate that guy!! And you have to hear him ten MILLION times to get through the entire game. I replayed it a few months ago and I was so pissed by the end of it. I wasted part of a day off on that crap. Laughing
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:

Also for the original, an actors' commentary! Come on, you know you want to hear an hour and a half of Scott and Gilbert. Laughing

Oh yes! But... would the DVD remain G-rated? Laughing

I'd love to hear their decidedly not G-rated original sequel idea. Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't all DVDs not rated anyway? Wink
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
The alternate ending for the original movie, with "Arabian Nights (Reprise)" and the peddler's true identity. It's one of the few movies with a fully-animated ending that was never used; why not put it on the DVD, when other movies get rough-animation and storyboard-only alternate endings included as special features?

I have both of those! Laughing An earlier version of the movie shows fireworks, the camera pans down to show Aladdin and Jasmine in a kiss (it's the picture you have here), the camera pans out to be the image on a rug the peddler is showing, and he starts to sing the reprise while packing up his stuff and riding out into the desert at night. Something comes shooting from the sky and it shows "The End" when it gets to the front of the screen.

And then in another version that's practically the movie with a few changes here and there has the peddler reminding us that not everything is what it seems as he turns back into Genie right after Aladdin and Jasmine fly off into the sky.

Salukfan wrote:
fjdkfj;adklfdsklf;dljf YES. I hate that guy!! And you have to hear him ten MILLION times to get through the entire game. I replayed it a few months ago and I was so pissed by the end of it. I wasted part of a day off on that crap. Laughing

Yeah, he didn't finish playing it either. He found Cassim and that was it for the day Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I have both of those! Laughing An earlier version of the movie shows fireworks, the camera pans down to show Aladdin and Jasmine in a kiss (it's the picture you have here), the camera pans out to be the image on a rug the peddler is showing, and he starts to sing the reprise while packing up his stuff and riding out into the desert at night. Something comes shooting from the sky and it shows "The End" when it gets to the front of the screen.

Wait, so there are two alternate endings? Shocked That Entertainment Weekly article made it sound like there was just one, a combination of those two. So both of those are animated? Or the first one's just a storyboard?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two alternate endings Laughing. One follows closer to the ending of KOT and the other is the ending to Aladdin as it is now plus the bit with the peddler instead of Genie lifting up the film reel.

I have storyboards of both of them myself, so if there's a finished version out there I don't own it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum